Chiptip Technology enables programmers to use unconventional computing devices, especially FPGAs, in data centers.
Specialized computing devices can perform orders of magnitude faster, more efficient, and cheaper on Chiptip-managed platform.
The secret of this significant improvement is due to attaching the devices directly to the network. All Chiptip products are designed to let users utilize the network-attached devices.
Chiptip Technology CEO
Received Ph.D from Hokkaido University on research about database application using FPGA. After researching and developing distributed computing framework using FPGA at University of Toronto, founded Chiptip Technology to make use of the technology in the real world.
Chiptip's Data Center OS manages heterogeneous resources in the data center and runs distributed applications.
If you have your own data center and wish to use high-performance and cost-efficient FPGAs that are attached to network, just adding this extension to your IaaS orchestration software (OpenStack is currently supported) and some FPGAs to your data center will let you do it.
If you are interested in starting a small FPGA cloud for small group of users (e.g. research lab), Chiptip provides a kit to create it.
You can share the FPGAs with other people and minimize the hardware cost.
- C/C++ HLS based hardware development (3 years or more)
- Basic knowledge of network protocols (e.g. Ethernet, IP, TCP, and UDP)
- Python programming (3 years or more)
- Distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop and Spark)
- Virtualization technology (e.g. KVM, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtual network)
- Tokyo office / work from anywhere in the world remotely
Copyright © 2020 Chiptip Technology - All Rights Reserved.